22 August 2009

Maiden Voyage 4















Tuesday, 18 August---Up early again, but still it is after 10 AM when we hit the road. Cathy and I make some adjustments to how we had the bikes on the rack, and they are more secure this time. We actually make it thru Arkansas and into Tennessee today. In Arkansas we stopped a little in the town of Hope, which we all know is the birthplace of Bill Clinton. We went to his boyhood home…I don’t think the town really promotes this place. (The US flag outside the house was held in the post hole by silver electric tape.) The gentleman in the visitor center told me that they had had 61000 people visit since it opened…in 1999! In Tennessee, we actually stayed in an RV park on Elvis Presley Blvd…less than a half mile from Graceland. By the time we got there it was late and everything was closed, but I was just happy to be there. We will go back another time when we have more time to do it right! We notice while we are at the RV park that someone stole the extension to our sewer hose, so they must have stolen it back in New Braunfels, or at Walmart…is nothing sacred!? Cathy is also complaining a lot because she keeps banging her head, both inside and outside the RV…at least a dozen times already.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good at the gateway!
    I want to go! I know you said no doover states,
    but this is ELVIS!
    See you soon,
    Love Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. checking to see if I can just put my name

    ReplyDelete