22 August 2009

Our Maiden Voyage

So this is my 2nd attempt to type on the blog my friend Barb made up for us. If this doesn’t work, it will be back to the regular e-mail. In the meantime, these entries will take us up-to-date for the week since we sold the house and then hit the road. From here on there will only be one or two entries a week, I guess. I am splitting these up because I am trying to attach pictures, and this seems the easiest way for me to do it right now. So, here goes!




We sold our house on Friday, August 14, exactly one week ago. The day before, we had dropped off our car and our RV in New Braunfels at Camping World, so that they could put a tow bar on the car and outfit the RV to tow it. So after we sold the house, we thought we would be spending that night at an RV camp in New Braunfels, sorta getting used to the RV and learning somewhat how to hook up the sewer, electric, water and cable Instead, we ended up spending Friday night in the Camping World parking lot, because by the time we got there to pick it up, there was no one working that could brief us on how to operate the new towing stuff safely. (This may have been my 1st clue that the next few days would have a few bumps along the way.)













No comments:

Post a Comment