03 February 2010

Good to be Back, and The Leak!

3 Feb 10--Seeing the response I got the other day with the pictures that included Hallie and the rooster (11 comments!), I have another rooster shot here...and Hallie later in today's blog...haha.

This is the same rooster as the other day, but now he was up in a tree. We were walking the dogs last night, and lo and behold, there he was. Who knew that roosters went up into trees?


Yesterday we had to have the car inspected, and from there we went out to eat with our friend Barb. I forgot the camera, so "Barb" pictures will have to come later.

When we got home we took the dogs for a quick walk, and then I hot-footed it to the clubhouse to see how the "dance lessons" were going. I was not disappointed. I counted 22 people in attendance, not counting myslef or the teacher. That is the teacher, by himself, in the red shirt. Seeing as this is Texas, he was teaching the two-step, and most of the people were pretty game to try it. Ellen, you would really like this!



This couple below were there too...but they clearly didn't need any lessons. They just basically sat around waiting for everyone to get comfortable, and then took the floor in a whirl of competence. They spun so fast my pictures came out a little blurry!

We dropped off the RV at Camping World this morning for them to do their leak check, and just kept our fingers crossed that they would find it and be able to fix it for us before we had to go back out in the rain...the rain that has not stopped in 2 days. After dropping off the RV we went to the base because Cathy had a medical appointment and I had to pick up a prescription. From there I went to the BX, where I used to sell sunglasses, to meet my great friend Virginia. Virginia is originally from the Phillipines, married a GI, and it was Virginia and her husband who bought our hat business when Cathy and I went into sunglasses.



While there I ran into a couple co-workers, Missy and Tamika. Missy actually works for the government and does the scheduling of vendors in the BX, and both Cathy and I used to work with her husband, another GI. Tamika is a fellow vendor, and will basically sell anything she can get her hands on! haha We were surprised that they were the only familiar faces...but we know we will see more friends as we visit again later.

From the BX we went back to Camping World to pick up our RV, where they thankfully not only found the leak but were able to fix it for us. There were actually 2 leaks (no wonder there was so much water), one at the top and one at the bottom of the arm that secures the main awning to the RV. When they do a leak test, they somehow blow bubbles into the cavity of your RV, in the space between the ceiling/exterior walls and the interior walls, and then wait to see where the bubbles show up. They said it could take from one to nine hours, so we were more than happy to have it back in about five.

Once we picked up the RV and set up again at the RV park, we went over to our friends' house to pick up Fluffy and Jabba. We had dropped them off earlier in the day on our way to drop off the RV, so they had been penned up for hours in a room over there because our friends have dogs of their own. This is Hallie, who you met the other day, and Donna...I have never really noticed this before, but notice how short both she and my other friend Virginia are...!!! And those are their dogs. Hallie is holding Luna, then the little blond dog is Sammy, followed by Emmy!
And then here is Hallie again...more punishment for not reading my blog enough!!!

8 comments:

  1. Paula - Are you feeling tall?

    Glad to hear they were able to fix the leak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! The infamous leak is fixed!!!
    Is that Roster in the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, able to respond today who knows what will happen tomorrow.
    I would love those dancing lessons!
    Also please remember I am having trouble with the computer, not that I am to busy to read your blog, I read it everyday.
    I donot want any pictures like Hallie's of me on the blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I with you Ellen! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula,

    I am so glad that I get top billing on your blog. I read your blog weekly but u can mark my word I will never say I have not had time. I will lie to you say I must have missed that one. (no I will never lie to U)

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallie, I am just going to keep posting pictures of you on a daily basis...look at the response I am getting!!! But now that we are at Lackland and have left the last RV park, I am going to have to find another rooster...I don't know if it was him or you, but something's working!

    And yes Brenda, between Donna and Virginia, I am feeling absolutely statuesque!

    No Fear Ellen, at least until I get back to Boston! haha

    Lynne, have you ever seen a rooster in a tree? I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I have never seen a roster in a tree? Breena (of course) has :-)
    Hey we are going to go look at Newmar"s Dutch Aire's no less!!! We will be calling you soon on that!!! Wish you were back here to help us out on this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. W tried to find the web site you were talking about the other night, but we couldn't find a Mountainaire, which is what we thought you were talking about. Have you looked up the info on the Dutch Aire on the disc we gave you?

    ReplyDelete