17 February 2010

Hallie, No Pigs, & HEB

14-17 Feb 2010-I am on a roll now...it seems I have to have either Hallie pictures or pig pictures to get a lot of responses, not both as I had assumed previously. So tonight I have Hallie pictures, so time will tell on the responses.

Hallie and Donna came to visit and to dinner Sunday night. I blackened some fish for Cathy, Hallie and me...Donna had it plain...and yes, you read that right...I, Paula, blackened the fish and it was delicious. I know Brian made fun of the hot dogs I served him, so I will do better the next time I see him! haha



Donna is, by far, younger than the rest of us, but age is catching up with her too, so we were showing her some stuff we bought to make protein drinks. The trainer I had before I left San Antonio back in August suggested these protein drinks to aid my muscle healing when I was working out with him. Seeing as Cathy and I are back in the gym now, we are back to needing muscle repair (haha).



In my last posting, Hallie commented about how much she laughs with us...no one is as amused as Hallie is on anything...she is great!



I told you Donna was getting on in years, too...look at her stretching trying to get that sneaker on. Anyone reading this over 40 knows how your feet seem to get further and further away from you the older you get!



The way you know Hallie is truly comfortable in your presence, or your house, is if she takes her bra off while visiting. She had her bra on the dashboard, and just as they were leaving she told Donna to throw it to her. She knows no shame!


The weather took a real turn while we were all talking inside the RV. We almost lost the awning outside the door, but once we secured everything, I got the camera and took a few shots.

Then it was time for Hallie and Donna to leave...Donna felt like I was stalking her with my camera, but I love taking pictures now.



After giving the dogs a haircut on Saturday, we had to go get them some sweaters to wear because the weather keeps getting colder than we expect. They had sweaters before, but we got rid of them when we sold the house, etc. This time we decided to get them matching sweaters...we like them a lot more than the dogs do. haha
We put them on the dogs in the house, trying to let them get used to them. Jabba absolutely doesn't like it...in the second picture she looks like she is looking over at Fluffy to see if she is liking it. Fluffy, meanwhile, adapts quickly. By the way, the Fluffy has lost weight and is now 17.5 pounds...she was about 20 in Boston, so she is keeping me motivated in my own weight loss quest.

When we got home from the gym this morning we took them on their maiden walk in their sweaters...is this too funny or what? In the 3rd picture you can tell Jabba is being pulled along, as opposed to voluntarily walking. We just love these babies!



And here is an entry for Christopher...This was last week's HEB Meal Deal Chris...get 4 free items with this purchase. Do you miss San Antonio yet?

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was my feet were getting further away. I just thought my arms were getting shorter. It certainly seems that way when I try to read a paper or thread a needle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So....blackened fish? Roasted Veggies? delicious...but of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aahh Jabba and Fluffy don't look to happy. Zoe won't walk in a sweater either....or a diaper for that matter! Must be a dog thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun times are being had!
    Is that Hallie and Donna's car?
    Its cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's Hallie's car actually...she keeps trying to hang on to her youth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I miss HEB because I would have bought the deal twice once from the Lasgana and then for the Enchildas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. we really enjoyed our time together.see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK Hooman and Samantha...good to see you again, too.

    ReplyDelete