01 February 2010

Home Again!

1 Feb 10--Arrived in New Braufels about 3:30 this afternoon, so, surprisingly, it only took us about 5 1/2 hours to get here from Dallas. New Braunfels is just north of San Antonio...almost a suburb of San Antonio. We'll be here till at least Wednesday, when we have the appointment to find the leak in our RV. If they find and fix the leak right away we will go to San Antonio and hopefully stay at the Air Force base while here, so that I can go to the gym for at least a month and get a grip on my fat ass!

Right now we are staying here at the Hill Country RV Resort, an amazingly large RV Park...they have 333 spaces for RVs and park models. I took these pictures of park models here so I could ask Lynne if this is the kind of park model you will have at the new RV park you will be managing? Or will they be more elaborate?




We had just set up our RV, levelled it and put out the slides, when I stepped outside and I swear not 5 feet from me was this rooster. I took and posted a few pictures so you would know it was real, not a statue. I lived in San Antonio for all but 3 1/2 years of the past 26 years and I had never seen a rooster here. It actually took a few aggressive steps towards me when it saw me, but I backed away quickly to reduce the threat it felt! haha


Down in the Rec Room I noticed some activity, so I went in and was told they were having a game of "card bingo". Something to do with a deck of cards and bingo combination. If we are here longer than I think we will be, I will have to check it out. When I was leaving, I noticed a sign on the wall advertising "dance lessons" on Tuesday nights...I will definitely be down there with my camera, so I will keep you posted.
Ever since seeing all the license plates in Florida, i have been looking at other states plates, so i took these for you so you could the ones in Texas. The 1st one is the one we have on both our car and RV...the old one. We were hoping they would mail us the new one for our RV, but no luck. The 2nd picture is the new one. And then I saw one for for someone who had been awarded the Purple Heart, so I took a picture just in case you had had never noticed one before.

I took these pictures of HEB for Christopher...I just know he misses it! HEB is the main competition, maybe the only competition, for Super Walmarts here in the San Antonio area. I feel like I could do a commercial for them, because they truly are a great grocery store...just ask Chris!!!
Here is my long time friend Hallie. She is from Missouri, and is also retired from the Air Force. Hallie actually came in the Air Force when they still made women wear the 3/4 length Jackie O white gloves!!! In the 3rd picture she is describing to us how she had to have the front teeth removed from one of her 3 dogs...I included the picture here as punishment for telling me that she has been too busy lately to read my blog!!!! haha

11 comments:

  1. I want to take dance lessons.
    Are the Park Models moveable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Park models....that's one of many styles. I like the wider ones myself.
    I bet you were more afraid of the Roster than the Roster was of you? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think they are moveable, Brenda, or certainly not towable like trailers. I think you would have to have a moving company move it for you. And yes I was definately more afraid of the rooster than he of me...I certainly didn't charge him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Paula Byrnes I have read your funny blog and don't find it funny. I am not from Missouri and have never been in the Air Force. I am from South Africa and can before the high jump at least 6 feet high. So there.

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meet to sat perform insead of before

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just in case anyone reading this doesn't know Hallie, she is indeed from Missouri, retired from the Air Force, and had delusions of grandeur before meeting us that she was capable of a 6 ft high jump in grammar school. Of course, she told us that innocently once, and we have never let her live it down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL at Hallies comment. That picture of her holding Jabba looks like she has a mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't beat the HEB meal deal of the week! This week by hill country boneless wings and get chips, soda, dip, bbq sauce, pizza snacks, and sulsa free!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 2 things to say:
    1. Anonymous above is Christopher.
    2. I can't believe that I put up all this historical stuff at length, and get no comments...but I put up a rooster, dancing date, Hallie and HEB and I end up with 8 comments! What is with that?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get the hint???? ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unfortunately, loud and clear!!!

    ReplyDelete