09 April 2010

Surfin' USA!

9 Apr 2010--Back to the beach today. Weather wasn't quite as nice as yesterday, mostly cloudy, and got cloudier as the afternoon went on, but it was in the 70s so it wasn't too bad.



One of the 1st things we saw after parking was this wind surfer...I would really love to try that, but I know it would feel a lot faster than it looks...and it looks like he is flying.



hey had another option for beginners, so after Cathy said there was no way she would try it, I thought, "what the heck, you only live once"...check out the video.


They had a mechanical bull there too, but after trying that with Julie and Chris, I passed.


The had a music tent, and although you were vaguely aware of it in the background, they were obviously not that good...check out the audience.



One of the vendors was all into the music...it reminded them of the old days...I got these pictures for Hallie...peace, love, and tiedye!



Even this dog was into it...I hope those colors don't hurt his skin!



And get this one with the sunglasses...how cool!



I thought for a second that I might buy a shirt and leggings from this vendor, but even I can only go so far. This would be funny to show up somewhere wearing these...they make you look like you are covered in tattoos.



Here are a couple interesting pictures...check out the buggy with the eyelashes. And how about the canopy? I have no idea why it is leaning forward, but the bigger question is why anyone would put a baby swing hanging from the top...would you put your baby in that?


This is a kite...it's a ship!



There were varying levels of protection from the elements. And obviously some people were staying in the area for a while. Some were patriotic, while others were holding on to the past.




These are pictures of some of the "Masters" at work. They are roped off from everyone, and you can pay $2 to get inside the ropes, but until they are finished, I really don't see the point.
I just hope they are finished by tomorrow afternoon because we are leaving on Sunday.



I am still working on my sand art...tick, tock, tick, tock!



The guy who teaches the kids how to build these things finished his from yesterday.

And here are some of the kids at work.

6 comments:

  1. Two dollars for the whole section or for each 'master'? I wouldn't bother either. Anyway, now that you have taken the photos, I guess I will not come down.
    Actually, if I feel good enough in the morning, I will drive down. These allergies are killing me and whether it's that or something else, I have felt pretty crappy every day this week.
    Good try on the surf board. The dog with the goggles is obviously used to wearing them. He belong to a sculptor ya think?
    K. See ya tomorrow maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw on the news that the pollen is at record levels all over the country...maybe that's whats bothering you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - you are crazy! Had to watch them both twice, still laughing. Cathy-you should have tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the surfing video! 28 seconds! That's 23 seconds longer than you stayed on the mechanical bull! I think you should have gotten the leggings. I would have paid well over $2 to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the video. Did it really feel life like? Keep working at the sand art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, I told you I could have stayed on that bull longer under different circumstances...something went wrong.

    And Marie, I dn't know if you are kidding me, or not, but no, I don't think it felt life-like...a little too choppy.

    ReplyDelete