10 April 2010

What a Day!

10 Apr 2010--Today could not have been nicer. It was between 75 and 80 degrees all day, with a steady breeze coming off the water, and with lots of people out on the beach.


I love these kites people were flying...we certainly didn't have elaborate ones like these when we were kids.



At least one of these flags I could have done without, but it was not uncommon to see it here. I just don't know what the attraction is.



These people used an actual parachute for some shade, and then there is always one guy who wants to stand out in the crowd.

Are these dogs cool, or what!?

I was a little jealous of this little girl on the mechanical bull. She not only stayed on a longer than I did, but she even waved mid-ride! (I think the guy with the controls was cutting her a little slack.)


This guy had a grill up there on top of his RV...and don't we all go to the beach to whiten our teeth?



He told me he really wasn't a good singer, but never mentioned his outfit.



I was totally intrigued by these ladies and their hats, so I went and got me one. It is a stretch hat, starting out in my hand in the photo on the left, and then stretching onto my head. I should have bought it....lookin' good, huh?!



Ultimately, we were all here to see the sand art, and the artists did not disappoint. There are actually 2 different contests, one with the amateurs and the other between the "masters". Here are a few of the amateur displays. The 1st one is the Alamo in San Antonio for those of you who have never been there.





And here are a few of the Master exhibits. Most of them weren't completed yet, but they are impressive nonetheless.





We leave tomorrow morning to go back to San Antonio, so here is a last picture of me walking the water's edge, just trying to make everyone looking at this jealous...hahaha...it really was a nice trip, glad we came!

7 comments:

  1. You got your wish.....I am very jealous. Can't wait to be at the beach this summer.
    By the way Paula....Nice hat!!!!!!

    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wishes do come true!!! It really was a great few days, a little windier than I would have liked, but at least it wasn't too hot, so it was a good trade-off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I would have been jealous, but I just can't get over the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the frog on the side of the hat! I should have bought it and surprised you with it next time you see me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might be right about the little girl on the mechanical bull being cut slack. Of course, you might also be wrong & are just trying to justify that she did better than you.

    Should have bought the hat. I think it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you didn't get the hat, then you wouldn't have to put so much sun screen on and look pasty white. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a new sunvlock...I am out of the "Pasty" business!

    ReplyDelete