17 January 2010

Look at all the pretty tags

16 Jan 10--I have noticed something since we have been in Florida that I haven't seen in any other state we've been in...or at least not noticed. Again, this isn't anything earth-shattering, but I thought it interesting, so when we were out at the museum the other day, I took these pictures in the parking garage. Look at how many different car tags I saw on just one floor of the garage...there seem to be an unending supply of tags you can get here.

You can get your standard Florida tag...with the county or state on it.



You can choose to save the babies, the children, the heart, or the boobs!




You can cheer the Seminoles, Gators, Bulls, or the Rattlers.



You can save a host of animals, from the flamingo to the manatee and everything in between.



You can promote biking, fishing or golfing.

You can even honor MLK and "Live the Dream" (I didn't know I stole that from him for my blog!)
I saw a bunch more driving thru the streets...in about an hour I saw one for the Air Force, the Navy and even US Paratroopers. But I thought I would just post these that I got in one quick walk thru the garage...I actually thought someone might stop me and question me taking the pictures...I sort of like the concept of being able to get a plate like one of these.

5 comments:

  1. That is a huge variety of tags for the car. I can't remember if it was Montana or not that had a bunch of tags you could choose from. Mine was for Glacier National Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't have choices like that when I was stationed in Montana...there was only one style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, this is only a sample of tags available...I saw one today for sharks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I went to register my car in Fl the clerk asked me what tag I wanted......there were so many to choose from I couldn't believe it...
    Then he told me I had to pay for them......I ended up with the orange...It was free!!!!
    There were two walls of tags to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha...I would go for "free" too, but I do like looking at them when driving around...I like to see if I can find a new one I haven't seen yet.

    ReplyDelete