30 January 2010

Quick Stop

30 Jan 10--Left Mississippi yesterday, heading towards Dallas, TX. Passed thru downtown Shrevesport, LA and took a picture of this building just because I thought it was pretty.



Couldn't make it all the way to Dallas, so we stopped in Gladewater, TX, a town we have never heard of but supposedly the Antique Capital of East Texas! And that was the name of the RV Park we stayed in overnight. I took this picture this morning...take note of the degrees.
I have come to realize that I am a fairweather RVer. In my mind's eye I think I always thought that I would be travelling in sunny, warm weather, 12 months a year. And I know there was always a distinction in my mind between "RVing" and "camping". Somehow I thought I would always be on concrete pads, with paved roads throughout the RV park. That was the kind of place we were at in Mississippi, and I tell you it makes a world of difference. This cold, rainy weather is for the birds anyway, never mind when you are in a park with dirt roads. Notice all the mud and puddles. And having to take the dogs out to potty in this stuff is highly stressful! haha
This is me and Fluffy trying to stay warm on the fishing bridge at the park.


And this being East Texas, here is a picture of an oil pump at the gas station we stopped at as we left Gladewater this morning.

1 comment:

  1. boyit didn't take long to convert you from a snowbird did it. stay warm.

    ReplyDelete