23 November 2009

Charlton Heston, Who?

23 Nov 09--Almost finished painting Cathy's parent's house, so before I forgot I wanted to show you a few pictures of the house...this is where Cathy grew up.

Front of the house:


Back of the house:


Ed has a good-sized vegetable garden back there, but you really can't make it out in the pictures. The first time I came to Cathy's house they had a chicken coop out there...pretty cool!

Seeing as we were winding down, one of the final things that had to be done was to move Ed's gun case to paint the final wall. When I got to the house the guns were laying out on the bed.

And then Ed and Eleanor went to the back yard to take a few shots at some passing birds!


So guess what we had for dinner?! They gave me no choice, and I didn't figure I should argue with them. haha

5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Cathy's parents with the rifles; especially the one with Cathy's mother resting the rifle on her hip. Reminds me so much of Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious about them killing and eating a bird???
    I guess it could be worse, it could have been Bambi's mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the porch on their house, always wanted a screened in porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one Julie! And Ellen, no, they didn't kill a bird who just happened to be flying by...but they have killed birds and eaten them...where do you think that turkey came from that you are going to eat for Thankksgiving?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least I know you all are protected but Paula remember where you are from. The North

    Paula why don't you all get some overalls and straw hats that would be a good picture

    ReplyDelete