03 November 2009

Georgia, Georgia! Sounds like a song!

3 Nov 09--Left South Carolina today and pulled into Kings Bay, Georgia late this afternoon. We are staying at a Navy submarine base...never been on one before. We are in a campground that is about 15 ft from the lake,


...so follow this series of pictures below, and notice where the concrete block the RV is sitting on is in relation to the lake (look at the corner of the 2nd picture)...then notice the sign at the edge of the lake right in front of my RV! YIKES!!! Before I was afraid of what was in the woods, now I have to worry what may come flying out of the lake! Right after I saw the sign I saw this in the water...I was convinced it was a gator! Scared the crap out of me!


On our way here this afternoon we were saved by 3 young Georgia boys...like damsels in distress, they valliantly came to our rescue. We stopped to get gas and noticed that what is the equivalent of the "hood" of our RV, which is actually in the front of the RV, had come loose....all the jangling must have loosened the screws that held the latch on, so it came completely loose. We tried to find a couple screws to fit, but everything we had was too little or too big, so I asked these guys if they had any and they thankfully did. They were very helpful, and very polite, calling us Ma'am like good Southern boys!
Here is a picture of Jabba and Fluffy in travel mode.
!
Looking forwarding to seeing what there is to see around here tomorrow...we'll let you know.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice site but as soon as I saw the gator sign I would have moved to another base. Remember to zig zag when running from the gators. "Alligators' main prey is smaller animals that they can kill and eat with a single bite." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator

    Better keep the dogs close haha.

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...that's whatI told Cathy...she seems to think there really isn't any threat! JUST WAIT TILL THEY GRAB ONE OF MY PUPS!!! Someone is dead meat! By the way, did you see the houses I posted for you at the base?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floor must sleep better than her bed. By the way we are having fried gator tail for dinner tuesday night.It is a great southern dish. Are you allowed to fish in that lake? See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have seen a couple people fishing here...one guy said he was catching brim and bass, and he saw a gator one time. I wouldn't even want to stand at the shore line to fish, who knows that one of those gators wouldn't just jump up at me and snatch my leg!! And I will pass on that great southern dish, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If u don't try it how will you know if you don't like it. Think of it like you wanting me to try Mexican food at first I was against but once I tried it I loved it. I am not sure how some goes gator fishing i would think they could rip the pole out of your arm pretty easy.

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha...I think they may just rip your arm off...never mind th epole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know which is more frightning, the gators or the rv falling apart???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't stop laughing. Oh brave one you have many fears!!!!

    ReplyDelete