17 December 2009

Hollywood Studios

17 Dec 09--Went to Hollywood Studios today...I think we are starting to get a little tired...the battery to our camera died early in the day, and then around 2:30 it started raining, but neither of us was too upset (haha). It was a good excuse to leave early and just come home to rest.

We did get a few pictures and were able to go on a few rides before we left though. I took these pictures of the singers and dancers for High School Musical for Emily...I know she used to like the show, they were pretty good...and basically the opening act to the park.


We went on 2 rides as soon as we got there that were pretty good...one was a roller coaster that was a little different from most coasters in that there wasn't a single large drop at all throughout the ride. You were inside, and mostly in the dark, and after an occassional small drop you quickly accelerated up the tracks really fast. It was pretty good.


And then there was what may be the best ride of the whole trip...it is called The Tower of Terror, and the premise is that you are in a hotel, but once you enter the elevator you enter the Twilight Zone. They even had the scenes and the guy from the old TV show on TV screens talking to us as we waited for the ride to start. Once the ride actually starts you rise or drop in the elevator continuously, never knowing when the next movement is coming. Not knowing what to expect is probably the thing that gets you most...the anticipation is great! And really suspenseful. There were 2 young girls beside me and Cathy who were squealing away...it was really funny!


Next we went to see an American Idol audition. You could sit in the audience and be a voter, or you could volunteer to sing on the stage. I actually thought I might audition, bring out my old Elvis stand-by...I figured this was all a joke, but just in case we went to the audience section first just to check things out. And thank God we did! These 3 people could actually sing and were trying out to get a pass to the front of the line for a real Idol audition somewhere else in the country. I don't know if you couldn't sing if they would have let you on the stage, but I am glad I didn't try...I wouldn't have minded being humiliated amongst a bunch of bad singers, but I certainly wouldn't want to be the sole loser up there. haha They had my man Adam from last year's show up on the big screen, so of course I had to take his picture...I just love him!
In case you were wondering, these were the 3 contestants. The girl in the yellow won, but the best part of the show was when the guy's little girl (shown below) was yelling out "go daddy, go!" just before he sang. It was really cute!
So that was the end of the battery, and although we saw one more show after this, it wasn't long before the rain came and we left. Tomorrow they are calling for an 80% chance of rain, so we may just be hanging out. We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. I remember Thomas went on the Tower of Terror when he went with Mary Nave years ago, it was all he could talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old was he? I didn't know Mary took him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did the Tower of Terror. Way too scary for me. Yeas ago Jen had to go on by herself. Kristine is a wimp with rides. Kaleigh went on when she was 6. Julie went with Thomas and MAry Nave when they were about 8. They went on a Looney Tunes w/MAry and Denise and her kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Emily see the High School Musical pictures?

    ReplyDelete