15 December 2009

Magic Kingdom

15 Dec 09--I hate to rub it in, but we had another 85 degree day today, so everything is well in Orlando!

We went to Magic Kingdom today...I can't believe it has been over 30 years since I was last here. I would have to ask Marie, but I think I was about 23, maybe 22, when Karen and I came down here to visit her and Wayne. I was definately aware of different spots in the park, or rides in the park, that Karen and I, or Karen, Marie and I took pictures, etc. Where did the time go?

There were a lot more people here today than there were on the 2 days we went to Universal Studios. And as the day went on it got more crowded by the minute. Like at Universal, we heard a lot of foreign accents, mostly European is my guess.

The day started out just right...when we pulled up to enter the parking lot, Cathy asked the guy at the booth if there was a discount for military (never mind that we didn't have to pay for the tickets-haha). He said there actually wasn't, but seeing that he was also a veteran, he thanked us for serving and let us in for free! I am starting to feel that this veteran thing is beginning to pay off. haha I took the pictures of the nutcrackers because I figured Kaleigh would like them.


I really only remembered 4 rides/exhibits from when I was here years ago, and we went on 3 of them today. One was Space Mountain, which is supposed to be a thriller of a coaster ride, but I think they tamed it down from what it used to be. I am sure there was at least one big drop in the darkness that you ride in, but there was no such thing today, so it really wasn't scary at all. I took a picture of their picture of us so you could see for yourself that we weren't exactly oin the edge of our seats.



The 2nd ride we took was "It's a Small World"...and it was as cute as I remembered it being. I think this is my all-time favorite...the dolls are just so cute, what with kicking their legs and all! I took a bunch of pictures in there because I thought Emily, Kaleigh and maybe even Jack would like them.


And the 3rd thing I remembered was the Hall of Presidents...I couldn't get good pictures of this because they wouldn't let me use my flash on my camera inside, but it was pretty good again this time. Both Abraham Lincoln and Barak Obama had speaking roles...the blurry figure is Obama.



We couldn't do a lot of the rides because of the crowds. There were quite a few that had waiting times from 30-50 minutes, and we just weren't up for that. We did go into the haunted house...I guess there was a reason the wait time was only 10 minutes! haha


Anyway, it was nice just walking around watching all the people and seeing some of the parade.
There were quite a few little girls dressed up as princesses...I asked one lady if I could take a picture of her kid, but to my surprise she said no. It wasn't till she said no that it occurred to me that someone might be afraid their kid would end up on some creepy website...Oops! My bad!

Overall, a nice day...on to Epcot tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I might have enjoyed this, but just couldn't get over your smugness on the beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...we have had beautiful weather, and I keep seeing your weather up there on the news...bbbrrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. taking pics of random kids....

    ReplyDelete