18 December 2009

Tornado!

18 Dec 09--Had rain this morning and then again later in the afternoon. Went out to do a little shopping and when we got back lots of clouds were rolling in. The first thing we see on the TV was that the county we are in is under a tornado warning...not a watch, a warning!!!! So I took a few pictures of the clouds for you. Notice how low in the sky they are...they look like they are coming up from the ground behind the trees. Cool, huh?!






Needless to say the tornado never materialized, but I thought the pictures were pretty cool so I posted them for anyone who wants to see them.

5 comments:

  1. well looks like for most of the time ya'll are enjoying your stay. you might want to go further south, they are predicting a hard freeze for christmas eve here. Mon and Tues down in the 20's. brrr, but I sure would't won't to be up there with Christopher. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound disappointed that there was no tornado? I would probably have been having an anxiety attack just thinking about it.
    Pictures are cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We quckly realized they were really talking about the southern part of the county and we are in the northern part. It was a bit windy, but I loved the clouds anyway. Cathy just told her mother tday that I have a fascination with the sky, and I realized I must agree with her. It makes me think of God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics. I find the sky and the cloud formations fascinating also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't the sky look so angry? I love it!

    ReplyDelete