13 September 2010

Horseshoe Bend

13 Sep 2010--Took a ride out to Horseshoe Bend today, only a few miles from our RV park. Once you get to the parking lot you have to hike thru mostly sand for 3/4 of a mile to get there, but it is the spot that is most photographed around here, and on a good number of the postcards. It is only a short distance up the hill before you go down for a longer stretch to get there, but of course that means you have a longer walk up the sandy hill to go home.


As you can see, as you walk out to the site, at most it seems to be just a couple of big holes in the ground.

These rocks are my favorites...all the swirling is very interesting to me.



Great spot for climbing! Oh, to be younger!

And finally you can see what is called "Horseshoe Bend"! Anyone recognize the postcard?
Just a few more pics because I love how they look!

Tomorrow we are going on the boat ride Carol and John told us about. They said the scenery was great!!! TTYL!

8 comments:

  1. That looks like more than 3/4 of a mile to me, but worth the walk!
    I see a little boat down there on the river. Think someone in a boat wouldn't be able to appreciate how pretty it looks from up above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a boat down there, and I bet it looks even better from below. We will be out on the water to day, so I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The walk down was OK the walk up was "Oh My God" hill. The view was worth the heart attack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swirls look like when you are mixing a marble cake mix or cinnamon swirls...I must be hungry.
    Paula, is Cathy holding your walking sticks in the pictures? I love the picture of you and Cathy with the Horseshoe Bend behind you. If either one of you ever had a sneezing attack you could have ended up falling backwards. I sure hope the picture makes you look closer to the edge than you really are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, as you know know, walking uphill in the sand was a bear!

    Arlene, I don't quite need a walking stick yet...and we are as close to the edge as we look. And Cathy had to run to me to get in the pic before the self-timer on the camera went off. I was a little nervous with her barreling towards me! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a huge boat paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Halloween! Where are you two!? I've been checking in and haven't seen an update in a long time. Hope this means you are super busy being super happy! Let us hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the beaitiful water if i was you on that boat i would jump off of the boat

    ReplyDelete